HELLO

March 8, 2011

Design Style: Old Hollywood Retro Glamour

{Images via: Swing Fashionista| Hooked on Houses| Mod Vintage Life| An Industrious Love}
The home of burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, featured in Instyle's February 2011 issue, is "an homage to the Golden Age of Hollywood" in every possible way. I bought this issue  specifically for this lovely article. It oozes style just the way she does. Every room has a theme, from her Hollywood Regency boudoir, chinoserie shoe room {that's right a whole room just for shoes and another for her costumes and hats}, art deco library to the 1950's pastel pink kitchen. I could so live here! She moved into this Los Feliz home that was built in the 40's, appropriately, and added that special Dita touch to it with the help of designer Stacia Dunnam. How inspiring to live in a home surrounded with vintage glamour nostalgia. My two biggest style inspirations are Gwen Stefani & Dita Von Teese, just a little tid-bit about me.
{Top & Bottom Images via: sfgirlbybay| Middle: no source}
I wanted to focus on the wallpaper through out the home; there are at least 5, if not more, different kinds. Wallpaper is making a comeback, specifically vintage wallpaper.  It's pretty for an entire room, one accent wall or to line drawers and cabinets with. In the bedroom there's a very feminine light grey paper with calligraphy flourishes, a vintage floral print in the dining room and red damask in the hat room. But the red animal silhouette paper in the kitchen is my favorite. Then there's the fantastic flocked velvet damask wallpaper in the living room, that oddly I think goes perfectly with her taxidermy collection. It may seem busy to some but I like the playful eclectic, almost kitschy style mix through out. It keeps things interesting and like Dita describes, "I feel like I'm in a dollhouse". What girl wouldn't love to play dress up for a living?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...