HELLO

May 11, 2011

Recipe: The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Yet


I made this delicious chocolate chip recipe last night and wow, are they amazing. They make giant cookies that are chewy, flavorful and bake to perfection. The only adjustments I made were to bake them for 8 minutes in a convection oven after measuring the dough with a tablespoon instead of a 1/4 cup. And then once they're out of the oven I fan the cookies while they're still on the tray for about 15 seconds (I use my hand while it's still in the oven mitt, that helps) then transfer them immediately to a wire rack. I feel this prevents them from over-cooking, keeping that yummy chewy center. They're so good I had them for breakfast. It's definitely my new favorite go-to cookie recipe. Hope you make these and eat them all up! Recipe after the jump.

Best Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe via All Recipes

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
  4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

5 comments:

noella said...

Woow, a first timer on your blog and I can't stop clicking the 'Older Posts' button.. Gorgeous blog you have here, plus this photo of the cookies is making me drool.. would love to get my hands on the recipe and try to make these chewy cookies. Pretty please :)

http://noellas.blogspot.com

My Fashion Dolly said...

Hi, I just found your blog, and I really like it. Very cool!

Xoxo,
Rocio R.
http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

Arleene said...

Thanks so much Noella & Rocio!
Noella, the link to the recipe is in the post, just hover over the word "this" at the beginning of the paragraph :)
Both you girls are so creative, enjoyed browsing your blogs!

A.

noella said...

Got it, will definitely be making these yummy little things over the weekend. And thanks for stopping by :D

Brenna said...

I was missing 1 ingredient for my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe so I went searching for something new and found yours on pinterest. These were great! I just used extra soft butter (not melted), because I don't like brown edges on my cookie and it worked great. I also just made them regular sized and baked them for 8 minutes. They were perfect! Slight crispness on the outside, still soft and chewy in the middle. I loved the flavor that you get from using more brown sugar. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...