The Summer has been pretty intense here in Sacramento and we're trying to get used to it. One little drink came to our rescue, the Brazilian limeade! My husband and I first had this drink at a Brazilian restaurant and he just fell in love with it. So one day while sweating it out, he asked me to look up the recipe and see what gave this drink its special flavor. I found a simple recipe for it and made it our own. We can't stop making it! It's perfect to keep in the fridge or make for BBQ's or picnics. Hope this drink helps you cool off and enjoy the Summer!
1. Fill your blender with 4-5 cups of cold water.
2. Add 2-3 Tbl of sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup sugar. Blend together for 1 minute.
3. Add 4 medium limes cut into 8ths (with smooth, thin skin) or 6-7 small key limes (these make it especially tart) cut into 4ths. Blend by pulsing 6-7 times, enough to turn it slightly green.
4. Strain the limes, use a spoon to press all of the juice out of the limes.
5. Pour into a pitcher. Add ice and serve.